Our first real snow fell today and I made the first fire in the fireplace. It is officially time to den. Since the next several months will mostly be spent indoors, I decided to gaze around the house and consider what things inside make me happy. The list is not deep nor philosophical. They just make me smile.

Hot tea.mmmm. Coffee drinkers may scoff but to me nothing beats a hot cup of Earl Grey tea. My favorite is Solebury Home. It's packaging is beautiful and even the silk tea bags with rose petals almost seems to be too pretty to use.

White shirts. I love them. Especially if they are linen. Can't have too many white button shirts.

Dark chocolate. I keep a stash of dark chocolate in various forms in the pantry. Ya never know when a nibble is needed.

Christening Gowns. I love to imagine the babies that wore them and how darling they would have been.

Little clocks. Tick Tick. Tock Tock. Aren't they cute?

My shower. My husband put in this shower with travertine tile. It feels like a day spa. What I love about it is the built in temperature control. No need to adjust the knobs over and over.
This goes along with the shower. Really great conditioners and hair products. I love the icon line. I wish there was a salon nearby. It has a great smell.





2 comments:
I love your favorite things. It is funny...the white shirt. My mother always used to say that a woman could never have too many crisp white button downs. I wear them ALL the time. Also, the shower. We finished ours about a year ago. Maybe I will send you some pics if I ever come up for a breath!
What a wonderful list!
Post a Comment